Monday, December 1, 2008

Osprey at Lake Seminole Park

We have been visiting the Lake Seminole Park on our last 3 trips to Florida. Bird activity is excellent, so I am sure it is a must from now on. This past trip we explored a new area of the park, and look what we found. Wish we had gone by this in June, from the information board I see they had babies this year. Babies were in this nest while we were on the other side of the park in June.
There is just one nest, just took the photo from a different angle.
Got to learn habits of the birds you want to photograph. I am learning Osprey like pine trees. All the photographs I came home with from this trip they are either in pine trees or headed to pine trees. Notice the nest is very close to pine trees.

Here he is headed to a pine tree thicket, on the other side of the park. Actually these were taken before I found the nest. I saw no Osprey in the area of the nest, but these were late October. The bottom photo looks like it could be the same Osprey I posted earlier, in the same tree, but this is 10 or 15 miles from where I took those photographs.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you study birds constantly? You are one patient woman. Great photos and I love the nest.

Anonymous said...

You make an excellent osprey detective! Love your shots!

Anonymous said...

I know you were excited to get these pictures! Great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Nice captures Leedra, The Osprey is on my list of birds to seek out once I get my camera. I hope you enjoyed your visit to central florida. I live in seminole county and hope to post plenty of birds soon for you to enjoy.
Craig

Anonymous said...

Leedra: What a neat capture of the Osprey. I never have seen them close this year.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comment... Your blog and card blog are lovely! Beautiful work... :)

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM