Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Help with ID of birds

Hap, and others....I have a new blogging visitor to my blog, his link is http://craigglenn.blogspot.com/ , he is just trying to get started in the birding world. He needs help with an id of a hawk. Since I probably am not right about my Broad Winged Hawk, I am not the one that can really help him. Thought some of you might be interested in a post of his this morning. He lives very close to the Lake Seminole Park that I keep posting photos from.
Hap, I am looking at the Red Shouldered Hawk now, they are so close. How do you tell the difference?
Oh, and have you noticed the right side bar lately? I have been adding butterflies, still don't have them all there. Work still in progress.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Leedra!

Craig

Anonymous said...

You are just one of the best blogging buddies! Yes, I have noticed your butterflies and need to take the time and do a comparison to my butterflies. Because you are the main reason for my obbession with making a butterfly garden, host plants and adult nectar!! (and a puddling area)

Anonymous said...

Hi Leedra,
Great deer photos in your last blog. I stopped by Craig's blog
and commented to him my thoughts
on the hawk. Like yours, I think
it is an imm. Red-shouldered,
based on the barring that is on
the wing secondaries that is well
shown in Sibley's guide. When I
get some time I will look at your
butterflies on the sidebar.
Hap in New Hope

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM