Monday, October 20, 2008

I have been tagged.....not a good thing......

Well, I have been tagged by 3 different bloggers. Marmee, The Tile Lady and Dorothy. At this point I can't really thank them, this has been hard. At least they all did it around the same time. I am going to list 7 things I love.

First, Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior. The photograph is of something hanging on my glass porch wall to remind me of Him daily as I pass by. This was a gift from John and Lindsey for Mother's Day while we were building the house.
Second, my family. I made a collage with photos of Jimmy, Wendy and Lukas, John and Lindsey, Wendy expecting our twins, Lindsey expecting Mason, my Mother, and Mason. I even included a couple of me.
Third, I am American, by birth and continue to be by choice. The flag represents this for me.
Fourth, my Granny Sorrells' daffodils. I have taken these all over East Tennessee with me. They are still in several locations, but the majority are in a 140 ft row I planted in the fall of 2004, shortly after we purchased this property.
Fifth, macro photography.....boy I am sure this one was a surprise to everybody, a surprise it was so far down the list.

Sixth, cross stitch. This was a passion of mine for so many years (about 25). But this was one of the last pieces I did. It hangs in my dining room, between butterfly photographs I have taken. Notice the x-stitch has butterflies in it.

Seventh, is back to my Granny Sorrells. This was her glider, it was on her front porch, I took naps on it all of my childhood. It was left out in the weather for several years before I got it. I had it several years before it was brought back to great condition. It is now totally out of the weather and is on my glass porch. Someday (when I retire) I might learn to like coffee and I will drink my morning coffee out there. Right now, it is "Georgia Sweet Tea". Which is very fitting, because Granny was the one that taught me to drink tea, and in Georgia what else, but Georgia Sweet Tea. For those of you that are now very confused. I grew up in Georgia, been in Tennessee since I was 18 years old.
I know I am suppose to tag 7 new people, but I am sorry. I cannot do this to anybody. This has been real hard and very time consuming. I am not even sure this post is going to appear properly. Sure doesn't look it right now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did that wonderfully Leedra. It is a hard tag and time consuming, well worth if for your followers though. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Very well done!

Anonymous said...

Leedra this was a beautiful post and it gives us a chance to know you a little better. I love your grandmothers glider and it's so wonderful that you restored it. I have many wonderful memories of times with my grandmother too.

Anonymous said...

I so appreciate you following through with the tag, Leedra....yes, we got to know you better! I love the list! It's wonderful! Boy, that row of daffodils is really something! I know they are time-consuming, but thankfully you got three at once, and could combine them! Oh, loved the cross-stitch too! Take care--
Marie

Anonymous said...

good job leedra, i promise not to tag you again i realize how time consuming this is. thank you for doing it what you posted was interesting /

Anonymous said...

I just saw this post today for some reason. Anyway, Great! Love it all and learning about you and seeing the family photos. :D

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM