Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Stockings

I made this stocking for Jimmy in 1997,
the Christmas before we were married in February 1998.
Then I didn't make Wendy's until 2003.

I also made John's in 2003, and then one for his wife in 2004.

(John and Lindsey had married October 2003).

I finally made mine in 2005. The problem now is, I haven't x-stitched since then. Wendy married Lukas in 2005, and I have not made his stocking yet. Now I have one grandson and another on the way. Something tells me I really need to make 3 stockings in 2009.
If you have not noticed, all the stockings have the same 'wallpaper' style on the walls of their room. When I made Jimmy's I did not know there was a complete book on these stockings. If I had this would not have been the stocking for Jimmy. There actually is a stocking for the woodworking man, that would have been the one for Jimmy. Wendy's is the little homemaker, baking and such. John's is all about music. Lindsey's is the girlie girl room. Mine is the sewing room. These all suit us and are made 'to order'. There are not that many more to the book, so I am going to do the grand children's differently. That is if I ever get started on stitching again. At least this year we are having Christmas as John and Lindsey's so they won't see Lukas still does not have a stocking.
Merry Christmas to all!
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leedra - these are so beautiful - and so detailed with the background. I would love a stocking like this!
Merry christmas my friend!

Anonymous said...

Leedra! Standing ovation from Sequim! You are very gifted and your family is so blessed to have you! I can truly appreciate what you've done and I applaud you vigorously! Merry Christmas to you and yours; and thank you for sharing your beautiful art with all of us! WOW!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! I have never cross stitched a stocking before!! They are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing and it sounds like you better get stitching!!!
Take care and have a Wonderful Christmas and a Safe & Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Is there now end to this womans talent? LOL

Very nice Leedra!

Merry Christmas!
Craig

Anonymous said...

Great job Leedra, well so far! I guess you better make the other stockings for 2009!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful stockings.

Here's wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Leedra
Merry Christmas to you and all your family
These stockings are great; such detail and many hours of love put into them.

Anonymous said...

Leedra, the stocking are beautiful. I predict you'll get plenty of 'hints' about making more stockings in 2009. But in the meantime have a very Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Family trasures. Lovely. Seasons greetings.

Anonymous said...

Wow,that's alot of stitching in those stockings.They are most certainly keepsakes,hope you will get time to do the others.
Wishing for you a christmas filled with all the things you hold most dear. Blessings,Ruth

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas friend Leedra!

Anonymous said...

Wow Leedra... I had no idea you did cross-stitching also. You REALLY are talented.. I'm sure you'll find a way to get the other stockings done in 2009... WELL---that is, if you can put down the camera long enough. HA HA

Have a wonderful Christmas.
Blessings,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Leedra, such beautiful stockings, I can only imagine the time it takes to make one of them but I know it is a labor of love. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos, and A Merry Christmas and a Very Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

If you can believe it, back in 1991 I started four of these stockings for my kids and I have never finished them. I think all they lack is the backstitching. :( I really should dig them out and finish them. Oh well. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Wow what beautiful work, you are very clever to make such lovely pieces.

Anonymous said...

What a great job you did with these stockings!!! I LOVE them - what talent and they'll be heirlooms!

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL stockings, Leedra! Mom made stockings for all her grandchildren years ago, and I made one for my grandson, but I designed it....it ended up pretty huge! Ooops, but hey, more stuff from Santa to enjoy! Will have to post a picture of it next year! Hope you can get back to stitching and do some for your grandchildren, too. Thanks for coming by my blog in my absence!!! And asking about us....check out the new post.

Marie

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM