Thursday, December 11, 2008

Old dinner bell and bucket at Settlers Museum of Southwest Virginia

These old dinner bells in the yard of old farmhouses have such charm. They always attract me to them. I have one, but we have not put it up yet. Last summer we were in such indecision about whether we were going to get to stay where we are. Maybe I will get it put up this summer. Again, I have the original, then sepia and black and white.
This dinner bell is in the front yard, right behind it is the front porch that I took this photograph from. When I posted it I had a little more information about the Settlers Musuem.
I just liked the look of this bucket on the fence.

Not much difference in the color and the black and white, but the sepia looks entirely different.
You can click on Settlers Museum of Southwest Virginia on the left sidebar and see all the photographs I took there. I am finished posting these color, black and white, and sepia versions of the museum grounds.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bucket on the fence is a great shot! And I like dinner bells too. I have a moose bell outside my cabin. So far no moose have shown up... ha,ha

Anonymous said...

I like black and white. You sure go to the coolest places!
Craig

Anonymous said...

The photos are pretty in all the formats.

Anonymous said...

Leedra: The sepia tone seems to be right for this series of old time shots.

Anonymous said...

All of these pictures from the Settlers Museum are very very good.. As I've said, I tend to like the b&w ones the best. BUT--they are all good!

Anonymous said...

Leedra, all of these are good. I like the Sepia tones best. Hang on to your dinner bell...lots of people like these;-)

Anonymous said...

I love all of your series!
I like them best in sepia - terrific.
The dinner bell is my favorite!

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM