Wednesday, December 3, 2008

98 deer and counting....

Those spots you see in the field are deer. Yesterday I went to Cades Cove in 'The Park' as we in this area so fondly call the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The cove is the cure for whatever ails you. Mine was the stress of work. I counted 98 deer, 2 turkey, 5 squirrel and one very interesting unidentified bird. I did not photograph any squirrels nor all of the deer.This buck was way off in the field, and yes I did walk quite a ways just to get close enough to crop this photo (very much) to get this one photo of him. He turned and went into the woods right after he stared me down here. I walked on to the woods (I am crazy), but did not see him. When I got back to the road I turned back around and looked up that same field and there were 4 deer playing, as if to say "You didn't see us, catch us if you can". Then they ran right back into the woods.
I just like the way this one deer posed for me. Turning this way, then that way.
I just like the profile on the hill.
I do have more photographs from the short trip, I will be sharing over the next few days.
I had to be at work at 4PM as usual, so I had to rush past a lot of things I wanted to photograph. Just not the time to give the cove all the attention it deserves. But the trip did the trick, didn't threaten retirement when I got to work Tuesday afternoon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leedra,

I think I found your blog doing a google search of central Florida bird watchers with a bird blog. Can't remember exactly. I was hoping to jump start my birding by learning from someone in the same area as me. I have search so many and clicked through other blogs, I really can't remember which, lol. Love the photo's today. What state is this? also you never said what you thought my hawk was. checking the post you ref. now....

Craig

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate it when work gets in the way of what you really WANT to do! It would be hard for me to stay away from such a beautiful place. I love the magic you show us there.

Anonymous said...

How lucky you are to have the cove to go wander off to

Anonymous said...

You're really making me jealous of all these great deer photos you are getting. I am going to go pout now and look at my fat squirrels in the yard.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful that you live where you can photograph wildlife like this! Wonderful pictures in this post and the previous one. Thanks for sharing.

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM