Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas is coming - ready or not

The collage is a very small portion of my Santa collection. We don't mean to start these collections, they just seem to happen. The 2nd from the right on the bottom is one of my favorites, a gift from my daughter. The left bottom corner is another favorite, also a gift from Wendy. This one stays out all year. I have a bedroom decorated in American flag and eagle 'stuff', so this Santa gets to stay in it all year. Some years I forget to move it to be with the others Santas.
Jimmy and me the first Christmas after we met. We were not married yet.

Jimmy and me in 2000. It was our first year in the first house we built. Not sure why I did not do this again in 2006, for our first year in the house we built then, which is our home now.

The bottom ornament was made by a dear friend's mother. She is no longer with us, but the ornament reminds me of her and her daughter as I decorate the tree every year. As you can see by the date, I have had this one a while.

Merry Christmas to all!!!!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you, Leedra. I thoroughly enjoyed your Santas and other decorations.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you Leedra and to Jimmy and all those you love.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Santa collection, Leedra. I have some Santa's also--but none as pretty as yours.

Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family.
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

AAll these ornaments are so sweet.I'm sure the memories going with them are ones you will treasure forever.Hope you can make many more happy memories this Christmas.
Blessings,Ruth

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. I think the second one from the right on the bottom is my favorite of those shown also. That is a wonderful collection.

Anonymous said...

Your collection is Great!
Santa is the main man on our tree.
Cute pictures of you both~~Merry Christmas~

Anonymous said...

I like your Santas and picture ornaments! The last ornament is adorable, too!

Anonymous said...

Leedra: What a neat post, thanks for sharing your Christmas collection and ornaments.

Anonymous said...

I love your Santas - they are so friendly looking! Nice to see photos of you "back in the day!"
Have a merry christmas w/ your family!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, memory lane. That was great Leedra. Merry Christmas to you and yours may it be filled with the ones you adore!!

Anonymous said...

It is always such fun to rediscover Christmas decorations each year isn't it?

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM