Friday, December 5, 2008

Buck following his doe at Cades Cove

This buck was following the 2nd doe in this previous post.He stood very still, as if to say I could photograph him all day.
Although he didn't move during all of these photos, I am posting several because I was moving around and the antlers are showing differently due to the light.
I have never see the antlers at this stage, so it was very interesting to me. Actually can see blood.
This link http://www.buckmasters.com/bm/Resources/Articles/tabid/135/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/1172/Antler-Growth-and-Formations.aspx has information about deer antlers.
I have some photographs of this same buck I will also be posting.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No wonder she was waking away! LOL what a scruffy looking buck. I would guess he has had his fair share of fights this season. Looks like he come out on the rough end of most of them too! More great photo's Leedra. I am saving up for a good camera and look forward to learning to be a good photographer.

Craig

Anonymous said...

Leedra: That is the way they learn for next year by fighting.

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM