Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The little one, and Mama....deer that is

There were several people stopped at this mama deer and little one. I was very close, no cropping needed here. Even as close as I was I never got the clear photo I wanted. Hiding behind all the fallen trees must be an art.
When I first stopped there was a teenager at the foot of the bank that could have reached up and petted the little one. Asked if he/she could (I couldn't tell if it was a girl or boy teenager) pet the deer. I told her only if she wanted to be fined by the park ranger.
The deer in Cades Cove are so accustomed to people that they will walk right up to you. But you reach out and touch and the park rangers appear out of no where and fine you big time. Which is the way it should be.
I was hoping he would look up at me real good through this opening of the trees, but this was the best I got, then he turned and went the other way.
Then I moved on.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leedra I think these shots are great and what a nice opportunity you have to get so close.

Anonymous said...

Very nice.

Craig

Anonymous said...

What a treat to be so close to them. Beautiful pictures Leedra.

Anonymous said...

The deer do seem very tame. I don't know of any near where I live that would feel so comfortable with people.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful beautiful photo's!
Thanks for the comments too, I have missed you too!
Didn't get much of a chance to be online at Grandma's house.
I downloaded some pictures last night, but didn't get a chance to post all of them that I wanted.
The Eagle photo's will make a great SWF post, so look for them tomorrow!
Take care

Anonymous said...

Although so tame there they still play with you don't they? They know you want to get a better picture, and off they go.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful encounter you captured! I think I might have been one of the ones that might've just gave their fur a quick little pet and then been fined afterwards.

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM