Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tricolored Heron at Lake Seminole Park

I have really tried to research this one. Hope I am right. His legs look different in different photos. In some of the photos each leg even looks different. While we there I thought this Heron acted differently than the Great Blue.
The way he flew around was different.
Notice he is belly deep in the water.
He looks like he is running across the water.
He just drops long enough to make his catch.
Then he is gone again.

Notice his legs in this last photo. I used my reference books and went to several sites on line. The legs look so different in different photographs, even on the same sites.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only herons I can recognize right now are the blue & green heron - but of course those are the only ones I've seen in Mich. I like all the angles you captured - especially the ones where it appears he's walking on water.

Anonymous said...

Leedra: Spot on on the ID. You got some great shots of the cool bird.

I have an award on my site for you if you do those things.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Bird, Leedra---and some great pictures. You truly are an excellent photographer. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great Tricolored heron Leedra! I saw one when I was in Florida a few years ago...I'll be back to visit...thanks for stopping to see me!

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures.You certainly caught this bird in a variety of poses.

Anonymous said...

These are really stunning photographs! You always do such a wonderful job with herons!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you were able to capture this birds behavior as such! Good job :) And as always, beautiful pictures!

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM