Saturday, November 15, 2008

Great Blue Heron in trees at Watts Bar Lake

I was out looking for fall colors on October 9. Was a little disappointed no Heron in sight. This is a favorite spot for me to find Great Blue Heron. Was scanning the area for better fall colors and in the trees I spotted the Heron. Wish the trees had been red all around him, but oh well. I don't think I have ever seen one in a tree.
It does seem the fall color peak is getting later. The peak this year was not is September, or even October, but November. We used to think of September as fall colors, I had gotten used to October. But November?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right Leedra about the colors... This is the latest year I can remember when the colors came SO late. In Sept., I didn't think we were going to have any color. AND--now that it's November, we've had ALOT... I never thought I'd be raking and blowing leaves though in December. The trees seem to be holding on to their leaves this year. Does that mean a HARD winter???? Hmmmmmmmm!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos Leedra. Fall? our colors are slooow in coming too.

Anonymous said...

Leedra: Your luck at being in the correct place is outstanding.

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM