Sunday, November 23, 2008

Some much needed color right now

The name of this flower has slipped my mind for right now. I have seen so many dreary skies through Sky Watch this week I thought everybody might want to see some color. This flower lasted after some of the others at first frost, but now we are at the freezing point. Hope it comes back next year, like it is suppose to.
I have my husband looking closer too. He asked me if I knew this flower does not have the markings on the top of the inside of the bloom. He says since it does not, it is like the spots are pouring out of the bloom. He actually had looked into the bloom that closely. And he acts like all this flower gardening work is just because I want it.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply gorgeous Leedra! I love being able to see the depth of this flower. (I am challenged when it comes to identifying flowers so hope someone can identify it.)

Anonymous said...

I don't know flowers well but it reminds me of some kind of foxglove. It's a beautiful macro. There's sure not any color in my backyard right now!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry.. I don't know either--but it is gorgeous. We need the color this time of year. We raked and blew leaves the past two days--and everything looks so drab!

Anonymous said...

Leedra, This is a Foxglove. I posted some wild ones on my blog a long time back. We found them on Mt. Hood! Some were pink, like yours and some were white. I think you captured the beauty of it perfectly!

Anonymous said...

It is a very pretty flower and sounds somewhat hardy........I will not comment on the hubby!!LOL

Anonymous said...

It really does look like the flower is pouring them out. That's so neat. Your photo is very pretty & I strive for that kind of clarity.

Anonymous said...

Leedra: A wonderful capture of this neat flower.

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM