Wednesday, November 12, 2008

4 O'clocks from summer

4 O'clocks are a flower I remember from childhood. Also had them at the first house my husband and I lived in.
Have not had them in several years until my husband came home with seeds this last spring.When we came home from vacation the first of November the frost had gotten these, they were totally gone. Notice the difference in every bloom. That is the most unusual part of this plant.
I am posting these today because several blogs I have visited have mentioned the dreary days. It seems everybody needs some color to cheer them up today.
Hope you enjoy seeing the colors of summer.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

These 4 O'Clocks are just lovely!
I have never seen verigated ones before!!

Anonymous said...

These are just beautiful photo's!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers!

Anonymous said...

I like the yellow / purple mix!

Anonymous said...

Get out of here! Those are beautiful...will be getting me some for sure.

Anonymous said...

Simple,beautiful little flowers.I also remember these from days gone by.They indeed do look very cheerful.Thanks for the bright spot in my day.
Ruth

Anonymous said...

Leedra, I love the varied colors. They are all so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I did not know that they came in any other color than the pink...and I haven't seen any since I was a kid and my mom had them.

Anonymous said...

Leedra: What neat colors, I would like to have some seeds.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Leedra!!!! You know me---I LOVE pretty flowers and lots of colors in our yard.

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM