Saturday, November 8, 2008

13th Award

I have been passed my 13th blogging award. Dorothy at Counting My Blessings gave me this award. I feel very honored to have received another award. Dorothy left me a wonderful comment to let me know about the award. Dorothy and I regularly visit each other, she has a been a great supporter to me as I began this journey of blogging. isn't it a beautiful award?I will post this award on my left side bar with my other awards, but I am not going to pass it forward.

I hope I will not hurt any body's feelings but I am going to have to stop participating in the blogging awards. My life has been quite hectic since I started blogging. I am a supervisor in the telecommunications field handling 3 states (it would take a long explanation of what I actually do). November 18 I will be adding 3 additional states to my current responsibilities. My husband is working out of town 5 days a week. The other bloggers in this situation understand what a responsibility that adds to the person left at home to run the household, meant for 2 people. We do have 2 acres here at our home. I try to go be with my husband a couple of days a week, so that adds more to what I get accomplished the other days during the week. Now we have just bought another house which is going to require a LOT of work, so who even knows how much I will be down there during all of this. That house is 82 miles from the current one, and my husband will be living in it during the week for the next 5 to 6 years.

I do post a minimum of 2 post a day., and the '2nd home' is not going to have Internet access. Can't afford it at 2 houses anymore than anybody else can. Anybody that has passed awards along knows how much time it does take to do so. I feel the awards are taking so much time away from me posting what I started out to do with this blog. So please honor my request. If I do receive awards in the future I will place them on my sidebar with acknowledgement to the person I received it from, but will not pass them along.

As I said above, I do not mean to hurt any body's feelings with this and hope I have not.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Leedra, I do not think anyone's feelings will be hurt and I totally understand as I am sure many others will. It is wonderful that people think so highly to give you an award and you richly deserve it, but at the same time they can get a bit overwhelming when life gives us little time for our blogging, and with so many well-deserving bloggers out there it is so hard to decide who to pass them along to. Good luck on the new house. I know you're going to be a very busy lady with everything that goes with it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, doubling your work? Oh, that can't be fun!

This is a timely post. Just yesterday I was wracking my brain trying to figure out a way to say I appreciate the awards - and the thoughts of the awards - but have the hardest time going along with the stipulations to pass it along. It takes extra time to find other blogs that either haven't already received the same award, or are willing to pass along. I get it :)

Anonymous said...

No hurt feelings here!
Being able to see your beautiful pictures is prize enough for me. :D

Anonymous said...

Very well said Leedra! I got your back girlie..........I'll be sending you every award I can find. LOL....Don't forget to take some time for you and your hubby..HUGS.

Anonymous said...

Leedra: That is the nice thing about blogging, you handle it at your own pace and how you wish.

Anonymous said...

I certainly understand, Leedra. You do have ALOT on your plate these days. But--in all of your busyness--don't forget to stop and smell the roses when you can!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award and believe me, I do understand. :-)

Anonymous said...

I want to thank all of you for your support--you make me feel so much better about this decision.

Anonymous said...

Leedra, I totally understand. I can hardly keep up with all this and I am retired! Awards are nice to receive but can be a pain to pass on.

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM