Sunday, November 9, 2008

Great Blue Heron at Veteran's Park

These photographs of the Great Blue Heron were taken October 2 at Veterans Park in Spring City, Tennessee.

I rarely go to Veterans Park without seeing at least one Great Blue Heron, usually there are 2.
I was disappointed when he flew. Something I have noticed about the Great Blue Heron in East Tennessee. When they take off they are as noisy as the Canadian Geese when they fly. Not the same sound, but just as loud. In Florida the ones I have seen take off are not vocal about it.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are really great. I love the "perch" that it's sitting on it the first picture. I tend to miss flight shots because they surprise me when they take off and then I can't find them in my lens.
:-D

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots. WOW--what a wingspan!!!!! Have a great week!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Excellent action heron photos~!

Anonymous said...

Wow! These are nice captures.

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful shots of the Heron.

Anonymous said...

Leedra: Beautiful capture of the heron, that was nicely done.

Anonymous said...

Love those GBHs! They are so photogenic. Great shots, Leedra.

Anonymous said...

Really beautiful blue heron shots!

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM