Sunday, November 16, 2008

House Sparrows at Veterans Park in Spring City

Some House Sparrows I caught through my lens in Veterans Park, October 9. Didn't know what they are, until Hap ID'd them for me. After my attempt with the non Rusty Blackbird (which by the way, was NOT a Rusty Blackbird, you can check it out here), I didn't even try, but Hap came to visit and ID'd them for me.
Just liked the fact they were going at it over this birdhouse cluster when there was plenty of room to share.

They were chasing each other so much they did not care about me photographing them.

The bottom photo is what they do with the birdhouses they don't want any other bird in.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just some birds? Will I ever be able to capture a decent pic of a bird.. Good Job!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leedra,
These are House Sparrows. Female
sitting in the doorway, while the
male is sitting on the roof. Nice
pictures.
Hap in New Hope

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! It always baffles me how you get so close to the birds. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've ever noticed bird houses in parks before... Guess I just haven't been looking!!!! Neat pictures!

Anonymous said...

Leedra: I do like the little sparrow photos.

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM