Thursday, February 26, 2009

Carter Shields cabin and deer at Cades Cove

As usual I stopped at the Carter Shields cabin. As we pulled in I told Jimmy to keep an eye for the deer.

I had photographed a buck and doe here on December 2, 2008.
I just wandered around and photographed various snow covered things.

Came back to the cabin, for one last photo, and then started to get back in the vehicle when Jimmy showed me the buck.
He was crossing at the exact spot that I had photographed him before.
Without any doubt it is the same buck, because his antlers still don't look real good. This time he had 2 doe with him. One crossed the road before him, and one after him.
Click here and here to see the 2 earlier post of this buck. It was exciting to see the same buck at the same exact spot. You can bet I will always keep a better eye for deer in this area on future visits.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are just perfect pictures. Everything looks so still and peaceful!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great pictures of Cades Cove, Leedra. Makes me want to go there RIGHT NOW.

Hope you are catching back up --and getting some REST.
Hugs
Betsy

Jan said...

Wonderful, all. I especially like the two of the deer, fabulous.

Willard said...

Excellent photos of the Cove. They make one want to go there.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Great shots.I especially like the little cabin.
Blessings,Ruth

ivars krafts said...

Beautiful photos, Leedra. Almost as if not of this world but pictures of a fantasy location.

troutbirder said...

Very nice. I love the pictures of the old cabin. They give a sense of history to a beautiful place.

Rose said...

I have enjoyed all these photos from the Smokies...I would so love to be in Tennessee one more time when it snows.

Unknown said...

I really love the photos of the cabin...Great shot.

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM