Thursday, February 19, 2009

Great Egret at Lake Seminole Park

The Great Egret is a beautiful bird, not as large as the Great Blue Heron,
but every bit as impressive.
The top photo was taken when I still just had my point and shoot digital, in February 2008.
The rest of the photos were taken October 2008.
All of these photos were taken at Lake Seminole Park.
Today and tomorrow I am going to have several post, comparing the white egrets and herons I have photographed in Florida.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Brad Myers said...

Hello Leedra, it has been awhile since I had the chance to stop by, I had to get away from the cold north. Amagine my suprise when I seen these guys and scrolled through your last few post, that is just what I was doing, photographing birds in Florida. Great shots, it looks like it was a good trip for you.

Dorothy said...

This is beautiful and graceful bird and you did a good job of capturing his different poses.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful pictures of the egret. I especially like the top one.

Hope you are having a wonderful time. When do you get home?
Hugs,
Betsy

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Beautiful bird.I wonder if it's the same one that visits our area every year?
Blessings,Ruth

Jan said...

These are so cool. I just love egrets.

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM