Sunday, February 22, 2009

Muscovy Duck at Lake Seminole Park

This Muscovy Duck at Lake Seminole Park in Seminole Park wanted me to feed him, but all I had in my hand was a camera.
So he decided he would ignore me.
Really ignore me.

I think the Muscovy Duck is such an usual looking duck.

I had an earlier post of the Muscovy Duck taken in East Tennessee.
We did arrive home on Saturday evening. I meet with my tax lady on Wednesday so I have a lot to do between now and then. I promise I will be visiting as time permits, and plan on catching up on what all of you have been doing while I have been gone.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Shelley said...

Gorgeous! I love seeing the unusual red around his face!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Not the prettiest tool in the shed---but quite unusual!!!! Hope you are enjoying the beach. We have SNOW here--so don't come home too soon!!!! ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Hi Leedra, Hap again. I just
couldn't get that egret out of
my mind, so last night I got a
book down from my shelf titled:
The Herons Handbook by James
Hancock and James Kushlan with
a forward by Roger Tory Peterson.
Am I glad I did; on page 33 they show your bird with pink lores
and toes. They call it Snowy Egret in "courtship". Then on page 121
they go on to say: "In breeding
condition, the white plumes on
the head, neck and back are very
conspicuous. The toes become
orange-red, and the lores become
reddish-pink." Thank goodness I
found this, now I can sleep again.
LOL!! Hope you had a wonderful
time in Florida and looking for-
ward to more great photos.
Hap in New Hope

Unknown said...

This is a very interesting looking creature here!

Jen said...

Yay!!
Welcome home! missed ya!!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

This is a neat series of photos. He's a beautiful duck.

Dorothy said...

Now that's what I would call an Ugly Duckling!
Glad you got home safely!

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM