Friday, February 20, 2009

Little Blue Heron

Juvenile Little Blue Heron's are white. Often confused with juvenile Snowy Egrets, which is what I almost did with this one. This photo was taken October 28, 2008 at Lake Seminole Park, as was the previous post (of the Snowy Egret). I started looking at this long neck compared to the Snowy Egret, tried to figure out what it could be, went to the National Geographic Field Guide and have decided it is a Little Blue Heron. Notice the difference in the bill too.
For those of you wondering, these are still post I prepared before I left on vacation. I have very unreliable internet access right now and have visited very few blogs, and very quickly the ones I have. We leave St Pete Beach on Saturday morning. I have taken LOTS of photographs this week in St Pete. Haven't spent as much time reading poolside as I normally do, keep thinking of all those birds out there needing to be photographed. I promise I have plans to catch up on all I have missed while I have been gone.
Posted by Picasa
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM