Friday, February 6, 2009

Willet at St Pete Beach

The Willet always catches my eye.
We don't see the Willet at St Pete Beach in the summer when we are there.
But we seem to always see them in the fall and winter.
The top 4 photos were October 2008, the last was taken February 2008.
This last photo of the Willet was taken with my point and shoot. I was very pleased to capture this. The Willet is a fast runner along the beach, so I was very happy to get him with something in his mouth. The other photos were taken with my Canon D-SLR. Teresa has this last photograph framed in her home, in the room she has decorated with shells.

We will be at Aruba today,

hopefully seeing a beautiful beach we have never experienced before.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Skinny bird!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Lovely.
Blessings,Ruth

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Well---are you having fun yet????? ha... I'm so jealous!!!! Aruba, huh??? So special!!!

Beautiful pictures.. You should see the Willet when you get to St. Pete.

Have a wonderful, wonderful trip.
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

Thanks for some great pictures. I hope you enjoy the beach today.

Hope said...

I just love these birds at the beach!

DeniseinVA said...

Aruba? Sounds fantastic. Loved these photos of your Willet. Great captures on the run.

Carletta said...

"Aruba, jamaica ooo I wanna take you To bermuda, bahama..."
Don't know why I'm singing the Beach Boy song - you're the one on this marvelous vacation!
Lovely images. I like him running from the waves in the last one.

T said...

Your pictures are stunning and beautiful! A joy to look thru - I'll be back often!
T

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM