Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thousands of ducks, all kinds

I am going to take a rest from the cruise and post some photos from Florida.The weather was not the greatest for the beach while we were in Flordia.
So we did a lot more walking. Visited a lot of parks we had not been to before. Of the parks Lake Seminole Park is still my favorite for birding.
At the entrance to one of the fancy neighborhoods on Tierre Verde (close to St Pete Beach) we saw lots of ducks in the 2 ponds as we passed going to Fort DeSoto Park.
We ended out going there 3 different times, and all but the first time there were birders there. One day one of them was so excited that there was a Ruddy Duck in the crowd. Can you find him? (Ha!) I think I have a couple of close ups of him that I will be posting later.
The appearance of these ducks seemed to be well known by the local birders.
They may be there every winter. You can rest assured I will check it out every year from now on. The only problem with the location is all that tall grass growing all around the ponds. Have to search for a spot to photograph the ducks through.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty pictures today. That must have been awesome to see so many! I guess the tall grass did make photos challenging!

Amanda said...

Doesn't it do your heart good to see so many at once?

DeniseinVA said...

Good Morning Leedra, wonderful photos. How amazing to view ducks in such abundance. I have also loved all the holiday shots you've shared. What a great trip you had. Looking forward to more when you get the chance to share them.

Mary said...

Those are a lot of ducks! I had to look in my bird book...Redhead Ducks and what else? I've never seen those before. Don't you love finding places like this??

Unknown said...

That's a large gathering! Very nice!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Neat pictures.I like the panorama stlye.
Blessings,Ruth

Unknown said...

Lots of ducks. I love the redheaded ducks, but all the ducks are beautiful.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Leedra... GEE---you saw ALOT of ducks didn't you??? It's no wonder you like that park. Amazing!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM