Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ozone Falls when the temp is below 20

I am not a person that likes to go outside when it is cold. So it is real amazing that I talked Jimmy into going to Ozone Falls when the temp in the valley was hanging at 20.
Up on the mountain, who knows?
East Tennessee had a lot of rain the week before and I had seen Betsy and George had been there to check it out. I just had to see it. The one time I had been there the falls did not have very much water to see. I was disappointed. Not this time. The top photo is me hanging real close to the edge trying to get a look/see. With Jimmy having his normal hissy fit that he has when I get close to any edge. On this day it was understandable, ICE everywhere. See the ice around the waterfall, it was like that everywhere. The water was still moving, and that was what I had come to see.
Well, the look/see from the top was not good enough for me.
So down we went, knowing we had to climb back out of there, and George had already warned us it was steep. And I had even commented on his blog that I would not be going down. When you get there it is different story. Got to see that water. But George even went down below the plunge pool and found a 2nd little waterfall.
Notice the white behind the falls. Not sure if that is just ice or if ice then snow on top of it. Not really a way to get over there to see, unless of course a person swam over there. Not me even in warm weather.
Talk about a hissy fit.
It was worth it and I am glad I talked Jimmy into it. Think he was too.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Shelley said...

These were so lovely - loved seeing the bit of ice w/ the falls!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Gorgeous photos.I'm glad you went and took the photos,so
i don't have to.LOL

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh--isn't that beautiful. Love seeing it with the ice and icicles. Amazing!!!! Can't believe that we live so close to that beauty!!!

Thanks!
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

I'm glad you got to see Ozone Falls with both water and ice. It is a little heart-stopping near the brink, isn't it. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Mary said...

Wow...beautiful waterfall and those icicles in both posts are amazing! Great shots!

Unknown said...

My guess is that white is from the falls splashing back there, beautiful area! I love seeing waterfalls in winter. :)

Carletta said...

Amazing!
Kudo's for you making the effort to get there.
Love seeing the results of your visit.

Connie T. said...

Nice pictures of the frozen falls.

Unknown said...

I live close enough to go to Ozone Falls, but I have never been there. These are some amazing shots. I may have to go see Ozone Falls.

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM