Monday, January 19, 2009

Bees from the summer

Thought it was about time for another splash of color in the dreary winter.

These were taken on a Blanket Plant bloom. I love the Blanket Plant, because it is so bright and pretty. Also because it attracts the bees and the butterflies.

This last photograph is a bee again, but I do not know the name of the plant it is on. I would appreciate the name if anybody knows what it it. It is shaped like a little bush, but it does not continue to grow in height. It does spead out, and does seem to multiple fairly fast. It came from the yard of the house John and Lindsey had when they first married. The leaves turn a beautiful mix of yellow/orange/red in the fall.

Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Shelley said...

The bee is so clear in each of your photos! That blanket flower is so gorgeous! I hope someone identifies the last bloom for you.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Leedra: Those were so nicely done, I love to get the little bees as they work the flowers.

Dawn Fine said...

Very nice bee photos..I am sure you warmed up a few cold northerners with those photos!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great 'bee' pictures, Leedra. I especially like the last one since I can see the bees better.. They blend into the first two, don't they???

Snowing in the Glade this morning.. You got it too???
Hugs,
Betsy

Dorothy said...

Leedra, it's nice to see a little color! I'll be glad to see Spring come again!

George said...

Leedra, thanks for this touch of summer. Your pictures are gorgeous and I feel better just looking at them.

Unknown said...

OHH, the buzzing of bees will be a welcome sound!

Tina said...

Leedra,
Your pics bring some welcomed color onto my computer screen. We are getting more snow today.. and maybe more tonight..

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Thanks Leedra,those pictures were like a breath of fresh air.Our temps have moderated considerably,but with the gardens covered with snow these pictures were perfect for tody.
Blessings,Ruth

Guy D said...

Beautiful shots Leedra, I really enjoy your blogs and thanks so much for your comments on mine. Have a great week.

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

SaraG said...

Very pretty and colorful photo's!
Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy each visit to your blog!!
Take care

Unknown said...

Beautiful bees! I love photographing bees! :)

Unknown said...

Wow these are so great!

Anonymous said...

It's very nice seeing this wonderful colour. Spring is near and I am excited to see the new blooms.

Unknown said...

The blanket flower is beautiful and you are right we do need to see some color. I will be so glad when spring arrives.

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM