Friday, October 24, 2008

Heron at John's Pass in Maderia Beach

We should be on our way to St Pete Beach now. Both of these photographs were taken at John's Pass Boardwalk in Maderia Beach. We stay in St Pete, but we go to John's Pass couple of times a week (love The Friendly Fisherman Restaurant). The top photo is a Great Blue Heron.
Not sure about the little fellow. Look at the dark spot on his lower jaw. Is this the way the immature Blue Heron look? I don't think so. Could it be a Yellow-Crowned Night Heron? His legs look different too.
Pray for our safe trip, and please remember Wendy while I am gone. Not sure I will have any internet service the whole week. If I do I will visit. I already have plenty of post for your viewing while I am gone. I will be looking forward to seeing the comments left when I return.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for your safe trip and have had Wndy in my thoughts and prayers as well. I love the first photo.

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip Leedra!
You and your family are in my prayers. Now I hope God reminds me where you're going; duh...

Anonymous said...

Prayers for a safe (and fun!) trip!

Anonymous said...

The Blue Heron is wonderful! Have a safe trip and enjoy yourselves. We will pray for Wendy and Lukas....

Anonymous said...

when we lived in fl we would often go to john's pass. love the boardwalk.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time with safe
travels. That is a nice shot of
a Yellow-crowned Night Heron!
Hap in New Hope

Anonymous said...

Leedra: What neat shots of the two herons.

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM