Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cable Mill Area of Cades Cove

Random photographs taken in the Cable Mill Area of Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

This is the actual mill where they still ground the corn to make meal. You can purchase the meal right there. It is very hard to get a photograph without people in it, especially this time of year. That goes for all of these photos, I just had to wait at ready and snapped the instant it was clear of people.
This last photo is a close up (me? a close up?) of the holes in one of the out buildings in the Cable Mill area. It is the building where I took the photographs of the Copperheads earlier in the year. Click here and here for the 2 post of the Copperheads.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love Cades Cove. We haven't been there for quite a while and your wonderful photographs have me itching to go again. But I'll wait until the leaf lookers are gone.

Anonymous said...

You are making my decisions even harder with every post!! Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

That is the idea. Also, I think the 2nd photograph would look good in either one of my cards about the leaves turning.

Anonymous said...

Oops, that last comment was to Darla. Also, forgot to say wait until you see all the colorful photographs I took today.

Anonymous said...

Yes mam that second one is beautiful! Can't wait to see the ones from today and the BEAR!

Anonymous said...

Looks like an interesting place to visit.

Anonymous said...

The mill is even more beautiful in the fall. Our first trip there was about 43 years ago! It's always pretty in any season!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful photographs, Leedra...as always. Yep, I bet it was hard to have to wait for people to get out of the way!

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM