Saturday, October 18, 2008

Deer in Cades Cove early morning

A man from Germany had just asked me about deer in the area when these deer came out of the woods to the right of the field we had been photographing. These were taken a short distance into Cades Cove in the Smokies this past Tuesday morning. Labor Day I photographed a Sandhill Crane in this same field. According to the reference books I checked the Sandhill should not have been in Cades Cove. Several birding bloggers Ecobirder and Lynne both verified from the photograph it was indeed a Sandhill Crane and left some good information about the Sandhill on that post.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

although i have seen deer many times they still fascinate me. it was nice they just came out for you to photograph.

Anonymous said...

GSMNP is definitely my next vacation spot. I'll have to email you for some tips when it comes closer to vaca time. What is your favorite time of year there?

Anonymous said...

You've prompted me to grab the camera and the dog and go look for deer this afternoon late when they come out to feed. I miss the Sandhill cranes, having lived in Florida for 2 years, I miss their mating calls across the marsh from where I lived, what a beautiful creature.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leedra,
These are great pictures of the deer. We were impressed by the number of deer we saw in the GSMNP. It seemed like they were everywhere! Can't wait to get back up there.

Anonymous said...

Your deer seem so relaxed in the photos - I really like these!

Anonymous said...

Neat deer photos! And how neat about the Sandhill cranes!!!!

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM