Thursday, October 2, 2008

Baby Bluebird out of nest

These photographs of a very young Eastern Bluebird were taken in my yard on September 7. We were leaving to go to Panther Creek State Park in Morristown.

As you can tell from these photographs this bird is too young to be out of the birdhouse. But what can you do when you don't know which box he belongs in?

I was not even aware we had yet another new brood of bluebirds. Without this one we think we had at least 5 in a row, and they may not be counting all the different birdhouses. No wonder my swing was not safe this summer.

As I photographed this bird he started chasing me. I thought he had decided I was 'Mama', but he just wanted in the shade I was creating. He went back into the shade of the Crepe Mrytle when I passed it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He looks so pitiful, but very cute burd. Wonderful pictures.

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM