Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Muskrat or Ground Hog Cherokee Lake

UPDATE.....Started my research over, several times. I am not sure if this is a Muskrat or Ground Hog. Did not see his tail, and not sure how else to tell the difference. He was close to the lake (Muskrat?), but the photos I find when I go to Google all show a Muskrat with whiskers. I don't see whiskers in this photo. Ground Hogs are plentiful in my area, but have never been this close to one. Does anybody know which it is?????

Usually a Ground Hog is scared of humans, but I was more scared of him than he was of me. I was taking photographs of the butterflies on the wildflowers at the edge of the lake. All at once I heard an awful rustling of the old leaves in the large rocks right above me. I did not see anything and I continued on. Then as I came back by the rustling started again. When I calmed down I saw him. He stayed out long enough for me to take 5 photos, then he backed under the rocks. We were both happy. He because I had not bothered him, me because I got the photos.

No comments:

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM