Thursday, June 26, 2008

Killdeer

This Killdeer was in our backyard, and did a great job of acting like it's wing is broken.
I watch the eggs for the whole 28 days, as closely as they would let me.
I go out there yesterday, and gone....again.
I have been through this process 4 times now. I can't ever get a photo of the babies, because I never see them. So here I go with my research AGAIN. And one of my books says they are precocial. Which they say means "A pattern of development in which young birds hatch with feathers and are able to move and feed themselves." I guess to get to see the babies I am going to have to camp out there, but I am afraid the adult will attack me if I do that. Hope you liked this educational information.

No comments:

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM