Friday, June 27, 2008

Daylilies - many varieties

This time of year I go out and dead head the daylilies every morning. This is my daylily patch at the front of the property. You can sorta see the guardrail across the road in the background, our property has a bank at the road, but other than that it is basically flat.
The high on Thursday was suppose to be 94. I go out there with my photographer's jacket on, and it gets very hot. The reason I wear it is so I have all my other lens, so I can change from macro to telephoto. You never know what you might miss if you just have a macro lens with you. The other day I went to deadhead and that was when I got the shots of Swallowtail buried in the Hyperion Daylily. Thursday I took lots of photos of the Eastern Bluebirds, which will be posting later this morning. See the blog post of the Eastern Bluebirds putting on show.
After deadheading at the patch at the road then I go back to daylilies in the flower beds at the sidewalk in the front of the house.
Then I move around to the back of the house next to my back deck, where I have a small patch of about 30. All total I currently have around 70 different varieties, but this morning I am going to the Oakes Daylily Festival in Corryton, Tennessee. Knowing me I will come home with about 10 new varieties.

No comments:

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM