Monday, June 30, 2008

June Events

June was a very busy month. We went to St Pete Beach for vacation at the beginning of the month. John, Lindsey and Mason (son, daughter-in-law and grandson) went with us. We had a great time, we went to John's Pass several times. We went on a sunset cruise, and that was where I shot the photos of the manatee. The next week I went with Jimmy to Virginia (where he is currently working) and explored while he was working. Jimmy and I visited the Settler's Museum of Southwest Virginia after he was done working one afternoon. I took lots of photos on both trips and have shared some of the photos, and will be sharing more as time permits. A friend invited me over to take photos in her yard, and had a great time there. Also, on the way home I stopped and made photos of the swallowtails at some thistle on the side of the road. I started working on a new website for my photography work, and I am close to putting it on the web, but it is still not quite ready. Mid month we had the Methodist Women's annual picnic at our house. I have been to Cherokee Lake twice, with better photo op luck on the first trip. Cherokee Lake is local, so I am sure I will be returning there. I have really enjoyed taking photographs in my own yard this month, there has been so much bird and butterfly activity, and the daylilies are at their peak of blooming. I went to the Oakes Daylilies Festival on Friday, and saw great new varieties of daylilies and other perennials. Spent Saturday planting the new plants. The bluebird above was dazed when I took the photo, (late Sunday evening) but he flew very soon after this photo. He had flown into the clear glass of my transom in my dining room.

No comments:

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM