Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September Events

We started September with a visit to Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park on Labor Day. There I photographed the scenery, deer, Copperheads, dragonflies, butterflies and turkey. We had a great time that day, enjoyed being together.

On the first Saturday we went to a part of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park we had never been to before. It is Cataloochee Cove, in NC. We went to see the elk, and had a great time. If you have been following this blog you saw numerous photos of the elk at the cove. If you are new to my blog you might want to look back for the Elk photos.

On Sunday afternoon we went to Panther Creek State Park, close to home. Didn't get alot of photographs, but we had a good time wondering around the park.

The next weekend gas prices had hit a high, and we stayed home. It was my husband's birthday and we celebrated with family. We also had something else to celebrate, but you probably know this too, if you have been following my blog. Wendy (daughter) is pregnant, this event had been a long time getting here. We are all so excited for her. I still get teary EVERY time I think about it. You can see her announcement of this, here. And then another announcement the next week here of the twins.

The last weekend of the month we went to the Balloon Festival in Knoxville. I was greatly disappointed. I think it might have been due to the weather, but they didn't make me believe it. They never did take off, they just stayed on the ground. Said there was not enough wind. They had a "Balloon Glow" at 8:15pm, but after waiting 4 hours for that it was a big disappointment. I will share photographs later, but there won't be near as many as I had hoped.

We ended out NOT putting our house on the market, as I mentioned in the August news. We will wait and see what happens with Jimmy's company before making the major decision. I have been going to Spring City some during the month to be with Jimmy. I get to spend the mornings photographing when there, no house duties. Then go to my paying job in the evenings. The photograph is Jimmy's home away from home (and mine 2 days a week). Brand new motel in Spring City. The town is so small it is the only motel in town. I think it is full every night during the week, with General Shale employees or other men working on building this brick plant.

I also got ADSL this month, finally! But I also got a new computer, with Vista, against advise from my son. And I should have listened, it has been awful. He sent me to the computer store I bought it from, and they talked me into the Vista software. Said all the kinks are out of it. But that is not my problem, I just don't like the photography side of Vista. Then on top of that it is a laptop, but that WAS my son's advise, so I can blame that one on him. But the Vista is SO different than XP. I am in that awful learning curve and not doing well with it all. I am too old and have too much else on my mind to try to learn this, but too late now. It would be easy just to say I am going to use the old computer (what a waste of money that would be!!!!). But I promised the old computer to my daughter-in-law, so I have already disconnected it to give to her.

Maybe by next month I will be over the computer blues....we will see. At least I have something else on my mind other than the decision about moving.

No comments:

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM