Monday, September 22, 2008

Butterlies on the milkweed

These were taken in July behind my house in the hay field. Not too good of hay, but great for the butterflies. Notice the 1st photograph has a Skipper, Buckeye, Variegated Fritillary and a bee all on the same bloom.I went in the house and came back out and captured the Monarch.


I also saw American Painted Lady, but did not get a good photograph of it.

By the way, my hand is good. I kept it in ice water as long as I could stand, then out for a few minutes and back in. Did this for about 1 hour, looks like I am not going to have any problems. Will be able to tell later this evening I am sure. I hope the hummingbird enjoys what I was making him.

No comments:

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM