Saturday, July 5, 2008

Sunrise in the woods of Virginia

These photos were taken during my trip to Virginia, mentioned in my June Events. I was in a small park, with a trail to '2 Ponds'. I visited both ponds and was headed back to the parking lot.
When I started up this slope a bee buzzed me, and as I swatted it away, I glanced down the side of this walk. I was looking right at a small fawn curled up about 3 feet from me. We looked each other in the eye for about 1/2 second, that seemed like 1/2 hour. Then she was up and out of my sight in a flash. Sound like the tall fish story? I felt about as pitiful as the when the fish got away.

No comments:

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM