Tuesday, July 15, 2008

American Painted Lady Butterfly

I go outside on Friday and see the Monarch, the next day I don't see it again. But I do see an American Painted Lady. I believe planting the Liatris was worth the effort.
American Painted Lady is a lot more rare than the Monarch.
I took one photo of an American Painted Lady last year before it flew off.
I never did see it again.
I hope this one hangs around for a while.
But if not I enjoyed it while it was here.
It hung upside down a lot and that is why most of the phtotos look upside down.
I was concentrating so much on the Painted Lady I did not see the bee until I was at the computer.

No comments:

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM