Friday, July 18, 2008

Dragonfly in the field behind my house




Wednesday thought I would walk out behind our property in the general area the deer roam. Sunday afternoon we saw a Mama and baby. Thought I might get a little closer. Never saw any deer, but I got these 2 photos of a dragonfly. When I took these photos I said I refuse to start researching dragonflies. But this being the best photograph yet, and EcoBirder giving so much information, I decided I had to try. It is just in my nature, so I found this great web site about dragonflies, and have decided this is a female Common Whitetail. Since this is my first attempt at dragonflies I will welcome any correcting information if I am wrong.

No comments:

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM