Thursday, August 19, 2010

Coneflowers and a skipper

This photograph (taken in June) makes me realize how few Skippers I have seen this year. I usually have lots of different skippers. Other than the Silver Spotted Skippers I think this is the one skipper I have seen. Very unusual around my zinnias.
Love the dew on this one.
Or maybe from the looks of this, it was rain instead of dew.
You know me, I just have to get closer and closer.

And I do have a few white Coneflowers.

Working on my card order, which makes me go through photos and decided to take a pause and post these.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Dorothy said...

I love your pictures! They look so pretty in your cards! I have had lots of skippers like the yellow one here and lots of silver-sided skippers. Just now went out to photograph butterflies and found that most of them have seen better days. I'm getting pretty selective after going through 500 butterfly pictures yesterday and saving only the best ones:)

George said...

Your closeup series of the rain (dew) are wonderful, but all the pictures are beautiful.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

The dew makes these pictures stand above the rest.

FAB said...

Just beautiful. FAB.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Leedra, I always love your photos... Can't imagine how you can ever choose which ones to use for cards.. They are all so good.

Love the ones with dew and the ones with raindrops on them.. You inspired George. He went outside to get some pictures of raindrops on the roses...

Have a great day.
Hugs,
Betsy

Susie said...

I think the white coneflowers are just about as pretty as the purple.

Love the dew drop pic.

Connie said...

You really know how to pull out the details! Love the last drop of water on the very tip of the petal.

Elaine said...

Nice series of shots! I like the first one of the coneflower a lot, but I think the best is the last closeup of the petal with the reflection in the water drop.

Dawn said...

Oh wow! I love the white coneflower.

Glen Webber (Wildlife Photography) said...

Your top flower photo is excellent. Very nice focus control.

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM