Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The view from my back deck

The field behind has always been a hay field. In 2008 they turned the ground over at least 4 times, then planted something different. It was harvested like hay, but had to be planted each time. Did the same thing last year.This year they have not touched it.
And now it looks like snow from my deck. For the next two photos I was on that slope to the left. I was trying to show you how full it is.
There has also been Common Milkweed in the past, and I have caught it a time or two just loaded with all different types of butterflies, including Monarch.
This field did have some of the orange variety, which my book says is Butterfly Weed. Don't tell anybody, but Jimmy dug me enough for us to place it in 3 different locations in our yard.
But this is what the field is full of.


I had thought it was the bigger daisies until I walked out there to photograph the whole field.
These daisies are in the all the un-maintained fields this year.
And the white clover is in all the yards.

I have never seen as much white clover as we have in East Tennessee this year.
The yards looks like snow too, and it doesn't take but a couple of hours after mowing to look like it is in full bloom again.

My daylilies are in full bloom too, but I thought I would share this first.

Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

These are a type of Fleabane,if I'm right.They sure are pretty,and a whole field full of them must be gorgeous.
BLessings,Ruth

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos Leedra. We have one clump of the orange butterfly weed that was here when we moved in. The butterflies sure love that plant.

troutbirder said...

I'm thinking some kind of fleabane as well. Do love the butterfly weed but its quite rare on our few remaining native prairies. Too bad.

Janice K said...

I've seen those little daisy-like flowers before, but never so many. Very beautiful!

Rose said...

I like these...they are out at the strip pits here, too. Pretty, especially in certain light.

Dawn said...

...how pretty...

Shelley said...

Love that view!! Gorgeous!

Jen said...

Aren't you glad it isn't snow!

George said...

I think that it would be wonderful to have an empty field behind your house.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow Leedra, I love seeing those little 'daisies' in that field behind your home. They do look like snow.

Can't wait to see your Daylilies...
Hugs,
Betsy

KathyB. said...

Very beautiful, and what great butterfly bait. I predict more butterfly pictures soon!

Susie said...

Aren't those pretty little happy flowers?!?!?

Connie said...

Your photos really showed them off. What a treat to have so many! These would certainly make 'love me' 'love me not' less predictable - so many petals to pull!

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM