Thursday, May 20, 2010

Scenery from the Smokies

Jimmy and I have very limited time together anymore. I arrived home late Saturday evening from the festival, and Sunday we had a chance to spend the day together without other family members. Jimmy and I just got in the car and drove, when we first met we did this every weekend. We talked about some of the times we got lost and of things we just came across by being lost. We did leave the house with an idea in mind of where were going this time, but still went down some memory lanes together along the way.This is the nicest scarecrow I have ever seen. Look at the way the blue has faded in the front. When printed that blue is vibrant.
There is a loop road (for some reason I think 8 miles, but that might not even be close) of Arts and Crafts that turns off the highway between Gatlinburg and Cosby. There are shops all along the road, some shops are close to each other, so some of time when you park you get to go through 5 to 10 shops before getting back in your vehicle. Some of the time, just one shop before you are driving again. I am including this information because I had a couple of questions since my earlier post this week.
All of the photographs in this post are taken at one stop along the road. These were all in the yard of an old house. The old house was the home of the Paul Murray Gallery , but when we first pulled up I had to grab my camera. It was the neatest little place. A man came out while we were in the yard and as he was leaving told us the artist was great. Seemed kind of odd, most people don't give out that kind of praise. Check out the link, this artist is awesome.
By the way, the photograph above and below are the same photograph,
the one below has been cropped. I like both.
This is just the barn door to a barn in the front/side yard.
If you follow my Photography By Leedra blog , the peony bloom was posted there earlier this week, just in case you are thinking you have already seen this photograph.
All but the barn door have been made into greeting cards already (including both the cropped and the non cropped version of the birdhouse),
with some of them already selling.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Connie said...

These have so much 'feel' to them. You almost feel like you are there looking and smelling. What a fun trip you had.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful Leedra... I have never heard of that road --but since I'm not a craft person, I guess that is why. AND--we seldom get on THAT side of Gatlinburg.

Great pictures. I love both all of them (barn door, Peony, and the precious birdhouse...

One of these days, we'll have to check out that loop.
Hugs,
Betsy

Darla said...

Oh I want to see more!

Dar said...

Take me away. Thanks for the loop tour. I love the log building door and of course, the peony.
BlessYa

Janice K said...

Sounds like a fun trip. The poeny reminds me of some we had when I was little and lived on a farm.

penny said...

It would make a nice future journey for hubby and I. Your photos are beautiful, Leedra.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a nice trip. These photos are gorgeous. I am glad I got the scarecrow and birdhouse in your greeting cards. The coloring is so beautiful in these cards.

Elaine said...

What a delightful stop to make. I love the scarecrow photo.

George said...

Thanks for sharing your trip into the Smokies with us.

Dawn Fine said...

What a cool place that is! Love the barn door!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

I sometimes do that too, just drive with no particulat destination in mind and it is amazing where I sometimes land up and see along the way.

troutbirder said...

I love these kind of rides. As a matter of fact we might have been on the road when we were in Gaitlenberg some years ago. My spouse can never get enough of arts and crafts tours. We also took a trolley tour there someplace.

Unknown said...

I love the scarecrow! And the barn door! Looks like you had a beautiful day for that flower too! Breathing deeply!

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM