Saturday, May 31, 2008

May Events

May has been a great month for photography. What month isn't? I just walk outside and I find so much to photograph it is hard to go back inside to check out what I have captured on 'film'. I am so glad I am no longer using film. Partly due to such freedom of being able to shoot from all different angles to see what turns out best. Also partly due to cost, but I really like seeing the photo so quickly. I don't think I could ever go back to film, because of the limitions. Just think, I put off converting to digital until my Canon AE1 had seen it's last and I had no choice but to purchase a new camera.

It has been so much fun watching the Eastern Bluebirds, Goldfinch, Sparrows, Tree Swallows, Purple Martins. The first brood of bluebirds are already learning to fly.

The iris have just about stopped blooming. The lilies are beginning to bloom, and when they are gone the daylilies will be in full force. The daylilies will bloom until frost because I have so many different varieties.

During May I did some assignment photography with Safe n' Sound on location. I really enjoyed it, because it was different than my normal nature photography. I met with Brad and Ashlei for their engagement portraits, which we did on the river bank in Newport. I also had an outdoor outing for portrait photos with Lindsey and Mason. The attached photo is from Lindsey and Mason's outing. You can't see their faces, but it radiates her love for Mason. Although it was not my pick from the day it is Lindsey's favorite.

I went to Lake Junaluska with the Methodist Women from my local church. It was a great weekend of spiritual uplifting, and I also took some great photos there. My camera is with me everywhere I go.

We went over to Douglas Lake one evening just for fun photos.

I ended the month by joining the Southern Appalachian Nature Photographers. I look forward to upcoming events with this organization.

No comments:

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM