Saturday, July 9, 2011

Odds and Ends

Even though so many of my flowers were destroyed by the hail storms of 4/27/2011 I do still have a few visiting butterflies. I also got a quick glance of the Clearwing Moth (so commonly called Hummingbird Moth, although there are 2 different Clearwing Moths)

The most unusual place I have ever seen a bird lay it's egg.
Guess it was because of the color on the right of way post.
No, I do not know what happened, because I forgot about it for a few days.

When I went back to check there was no sign of it.


7 comments:

Dorothy said...

The Tiger Swallowtail is so pretty!!
I have a hard time shooting the clearwing moth because they move so quickly! That really is an odd place for a bird egg!

Janice K said...

Of all the Tiger Swallowtails I have seen in my life, I never realized their bodies were striped like their wings. Great picture.

That egg sure blended in with its background!

Anonymous said...

Hi Leedra, Both photos are spectacular! Always nice to hear from you.

Elaine said...

I love that shot of the butterfly!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Leedra, I'm always pleased to hear from you. Glad to see you blogging more regularly now.

I had no idea that you all had had such horrible damage from hail in April. We have been lucky here so far --and haven't had anything severe much.

That granddaughter is gorgeous... I know you are enjoying being with the grands more these days. Is Jimmy still working in Spring City?

Please stay in touch. I have missed you.
Hugs,
Betsy

tina said...

Sorry to hear you have had hail damage. The weather can be so strange and cruel sometimes. Most interesting on the egg. I've never seen one like it before. I wonder what kind of bird laid it?

Infoholic Research said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ON THIS SITE ARE COPYRIGHTED BY LEEDRA SCOTT
THEY MAY NOT BE USED WITHOUT MY WRITTEN CONSENT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
EMAIL: LEEDRA.SCOTT@GMAIL.COM